|Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.|
|- Scott Adams, Creator of Dilbert|
The Fine Arts Center Gallery at Glenville State College is one of Central West Virginia's largest art galleries -- a center for the visual arts where visitors gather to enjoy changing exhibitions, music, lectures, poetry readings, and receptions.
Located on the Glenville State College campus, the gallery welcomes visitors throughout the academic year and is open to students, faculty members, and the general public free of charge.
Monday through Friday
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
John Selburg, Gallery Director
Call for EntriesThe Glenville State College Department of Fine Arts Center Gallery is seeking proposals/exhibition applications for future gallery shows. All applications will be reserved for further selection efforts with proceeding years. Applicants must submit the following information.
- Letter describing the exhibit/project proposed for the Gallery. Please include sketched and installation diagrams when appropriate.
- Resume(s) of applicants and collaborators.
- Sample images for the work being exhibited (JPEG's or PowerPoint). Only work that will be exhibited should be included in the proposal.
- Contact information: email and telephone number.
- Self-Addresses, stamped envelope, for return of documentation if necessary.
- Applications should be submitted to:
Glenville State College
ATTN: John Selburg, Gallery Director
Fine Arts Center
200 High Street
Glenville, WV 26351
Review Criteria:Proposals will be reviewed by Gallery Personnel with the goals of the Gallery in mind; considerations include but are not limited to:
- Uniqueness of project
- Community outreach and educational opportunities
- Professionalism and artistic merit of proposal
- Collaborative and multidisciplinary projects
- Scheduling flexibility
- Work that has not been shown in the Fine Arts Gallery
(within the last three semesters)