The Business Management program prepares students who will work in the management of people, land, forests and waters within the natural resource areas. These graduates are expected to be knowledgeable about the business, financial and personnel management within this resource area.
A graduate of this program will:
- Be able to apply basic accounting transactions to the natural resource organizations.
- Be able to apply business and communications principles to communication situations in the natural resource area.
- Be able to apply marketing and management concepts to basic business scenarios in natural resource businesses.
- Be able to perform quantitative business calculations.
- Be able to apply basic management theory.
- Develop an understanding of land-based renewable resources including forests, rangeland, farmland, outdoor recreation, and wildlife.
- Evaluate economic, political and social concepts impacting sustainable development and use of natural resources.