The Pioneer Showcase is a local competition in which participants present their class projects in all disciplines in a formal setting. The forum is open to all full-time undergraduates enrolled at Glenville State College.
Please take a moment to browse the pages in this site to learn more about submission guidelines, deadlines and the schedule of events. Students must register and submit an abstract before the posted deadline in order to participate.
Academic Departments / Disciplines
- Criminal Justice
- Fine Arts
- Land Resources
- Language and Literatures
- Science and Mathematics
- Social Science
6th Annual Pioneer ShowcaseDate: Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Deadline for Abstracts: 4, 2016
Accepted abstracts will be notified via email on or before April 11, 2016.
Those accepted will be required to give a short presentation and display posters in the Mollohan Center on Tuesday, April 19, 2016.
Cash prizes will be awarded.
Refreshments will be served.
All applications must include an abstract. The abstract is a brief description of the work to be presented. The nature of the abstract will vary with the type of work that is presented. You should consult with the professor that is helping to sponsor the application in writing the abstract but in general an abstract will give information to put the presentation into context.
- Abstracts for research presentations will give some background information, state the research question or hypothesis that is being tested, and summarize results and conclusion.
- Abstracts for methods-based presentations will describe the nature of the project and the solution.
- Abstracts for creative presentations will describe the work, the impetus behind the work, techniques used in producing the work, and other relevant information.
Again, it is suggested that you write your abstract with help from a professor.
Each presentation will be judged based on the criteria indicated below:
- Judging Criteria for Creative Arts (Literary Performance)
- Judging Criteria for Creative Arts (Visual Arts)
- Judging Criteria for Methods-Based Presentations
- Judging Criteria for Research (Humanities and Social Science)
- Judging Criteria for Research (Science)
2016 Schedule and Abstracts
For general information, information on abstracts, submission requirements, and to submit your entry, send us an email.