The Pioneer Showcase is a local competition in which participants present their class projects in all disciplines in a formal setting. The forum is open to all full-time undergraduates enrolled at Glenville State College.
Please take a moment to browse the pages in this site to learn more about submission guidelines, deadlines and the schedule of events. Students must register and submit an abstract before the posted deadline in order to participate.
Academic Departments / Disciplines
- Criminal Justice
- Fine Arts
- Land Resources
- Language and Literatures
- Science and Mathematics
- Social Science
5th Annual Pioneer ShowcaseDate: Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Deadline for Abstracts: March 27, 2015
Accepted abstracts will be notified via email on or before March 27, 2015.
Those accepted will be required to give a short presentation and display posters in the Mollohan Center on Tuesday, April 21, 2015.
Cash prizes will be awarded.
Refreshments will be served.
- To submit an abstract, please follow the instructions below:
- Instructions for Research Abstracts (Humanities and Social Science; Science) Applicants
- Instructions for Creative Arts (Visual Arts; Literary Performance) Applicants
- For instruction on preparing poster, use this template (42 in. x 32 in.). The template is a suggested format and may not necessarily be appropriate for every discipline. Please modify the template as you see fit. However, it is required to have a poster or display for every abstract submitted.
- Each presentation will be judged based on the criteria indicated below:
For general information, information on abstracts, submission requirements, and to submit your entry, send us an email.