Smarthinking Online Tutoring
Smarthinking is an online tutoring service that Glenville State College is making available to its students. Smarthinking provides tutoring in mathematics (basic math through Calculus including Bilingual Math), Biology, Intro Human A & P, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Economics, Accounting, Intro to Finance, Statistics, Spanish, and Writing. Tutoring is available up to 24/7. Click here for a complete description of subjects offered and times when service is available.
With Smarthinking you can:
- Connect With an e-structor and interact with a live tutor.
- Submit your Writing for any class to their Online Writing Lab.
- Submit a Question and receive a reply from a tutor.
If you have not used Smarthinking before, click below to create your Smarthinking account.
If you already have a Smarthinking account, you can sign-in below.
Once you log in, use the Smarthinking Student Handbook for tips on navigating the website and using the service.
Technology Requirements and Troubleshooting Tips
- Enable ActiveX if you are running Internet Explorer.
- Install a Flash Player if needed. (Most computers come pre-installed with one, but you may need an update.)
- Disable all popup blockers for http://services.smarthinking.com.
- Refer to a complete list of settings at http://services.smarthinking.com/static/customerSupport/technicalRequirementsFAQ/
The Smarthinking Technical Support team is available to assist you. The Customer Support section of the Smarthinking site can answer any questions you may have about using the service. First check the information in the FAQ, but if you still need help, you can call or email Smarthinking support:
- Call Smarthinking customer support toll-free: (888) 430-7429, ext. 1 Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST
- Email us at support@Smarthinking.com, and someone will respond to you within 24-48 hours.