Glenville State College Commencement
May 10, 2014
Mineral Road Campus
- Class of 2014
- Area Lodging
- Directions to Campus
- Scenes from Commencement 2013
- Order Professional GSC Commencement Photographs
- Graduation Fee & Deadline
- Graduation Instructions
- Graduation FAQ (PDF)
- All candidates (except the Regents Bachelor of Arts) who complete graduation requirements in May are required to participate in commencement. December and July graduates are encouraged to participate in the May commencement exercise as well. If extenuating circumstances warrant graduation in absentia the May candidate for graduation must write a letter to Dr. John Peek, Provost, 200 High Street, Glenville, WV or send an e-mail requesting permission to be excused from the commencement ceremony.
- Commencement Dress
- All candidates for graduation wear caps and gowns (for sale at the Glenville State College Bookstore). Business-casual clothing is expected for students walking at commencement.
- Men: a collared dress shirt, dark, long pants and closed shoes.
- Women: dresses, skirts or dark-colored slacks with shirts/blouses and shoes appropriate for walking.
- Honor Stoles/Cords
- Due to the formality of our commencement ceremony, the only accessories to be worn with the traditional cap and gown are academic honor stoles/cords.
Students who have achieved academic honors (overall 3.50 GPA & up) will be invited to receive their honor stoles at an honor's reception on Thursday, May 8. Students unable to attend the reception will be given their honor stole during line up for graduation on Saturday morning.
- Graduating students should report to the Athletic Department entrance of the Waco Center (front entrance nearest the Field House) by no later than 8:30 a.m., where they will be given further instructions.
- Class Photo
- Graduates will assemble for a class photo just after the ceremony in the main Waco Center foyer. Families can wait at the reception area inside the commencement hall while students are having the class photo taken.