Glenville State College Commencement
May 9, 2015
Mineral Road Campus
Commencement will be broadcast live this year.
The broadcast will be made available on this page shortly before the ceremony.
- Commencement May 2015
- Area Lodging
- Directions to Campus
- Scenes from May Commencement 2014
- Order Professional GSC Commencement Photographs
- Graduation Fee & Deadline
- Graduation Instructions
- Graduation FAQ (PDF)
- All candidates (except the Regents Bachelor of Arts) who complete graduation requirements in May are required to participate. This does not apply to anyone who has previously participated in a Glenville State College Commencement exercise. If extenuating circumstances warrant graduation in absentia, the candidate for graduation must write a letter to Dr. John Peek, Provost, 200 High Street, Glenville, WV or send an e-mail requesting permission to be excused from the commencement ceremony.
- Commencement Dress
- All candidates for graduation wear caps and gowns (for sale at the Glenville State College Bookstore). Business-casual clothing is expected for students walking at commencement.
- Men: a collared dress shirt, dark, long pants and closed shoes.
- Women: dresses, skirts or dark-colored slacks with shirts/blouses and shoes appropriate for walking.
- Honor Stoles/Cords
- Due to the formality of our commencement ceremony, the only accessories to be worn with the traditional cap and gown are academic honor stoles/cords.
Students who have achieved academic honors (overall 3.50 GPA & up) will be invited to receive their honor stoles at an honor's reception on Thursday, May 7th. Students unable to attend the reception will be given their honor stole during line up for graduation on Saturday morning.
- Graduating students should report to the Athletic Department entrance of the Waco Center by no later than 8:30 a.m., where they will be given further instructions.
- Students Taking Courses at Other Institutions
- If you took a class this semester at another institution you must request an official transcript be sent to: Denise Ellyson, Registrar’s Office, 200 High Street, Glenville, WV 26351. The transcript must be here by no later than Tuesday, June 9, 2015 for your graduation status to become official. Students failing to meet all graduation requirements must reapply for graduation. Diplomas will be mailed approximately two weeks after graduation.