Glenville State College Commencement
May 7, 2016
Mineral Road Campus
Commencement will be broadcast live this year.
The broadcast will be made available on this page shortly before the ceremony.
- All candidates (except the Regents Bachelor of Arts) who complete graduation requirements in May are required to participate in commencement. If extenuating circumstances warrant graduation in absentia you must request permission to be excused by emailing Denise Ellyson.
- Commencement Dress
- All candidates for graduation wear caps and gowns (available at the Glenville State College Bookstore). Business-casual clothing is expected for students walking at commencement.
- Honor Stoles/Cords
- Due to the formality of our commencement ceremony, the only accessories to be worn with the traditional cap and gown are academic honor stoles/cords.
- Graduating students should report to the Waco Center, Mineral Road, Athletic Dept. Entrance (front entrance nearest the Field House) by no later than 9:00 a.m. Once inside, there will be signs directing graduates to the lineup room.
- Students Taking Courses at Other Institutions
- If you took a class this semester at another institution you must request an official transcript be sent to: Denise Ellyson, Registrar’s Office, 200 High Street, Glenville, WV 26351. The transcript must be here by no later than Tuesday, June 7, 2016 for your graduation status to become official.
Students failing to meet all graduation requirements must reapply for graduation.
DIPLOMAS WILL BE MAILED APPROXIMATELY TWO WEEKS AFTER GRADUATION.