Career Services offers a number of resources to help you decide on a career path and connect your professional goals to an academic course of study at Glenville State College. General Studies majors are encouraged to take the personal inventory assessments in Kuder Journey and discuss their results with a counselor. Job shadowing and informational interviews are other off-campus experiences that can help you determine if a profession is right for you and map out the steps to achieving that goal. Make an appointment with a GSC Career Services Counselor to learn more.Documents
- Informational Interviews
- Connecting majors to careers, What Can I Do With This Major can help you learn about typical career areas and the types of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate.
- Kuder Journey - A career planning tool that utilizes basic interest and skill assessments to guide students to professional tracks and academic paths.
- CareerOneStop - The pathway to career success for job seekers, students, businesses, and career professionals, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor
- The Career Project - A free and interactive career profile database to research thousands of real careers through the eyes of the people who work them
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - Profiles of hundreds of occupations and describes What They Do, Work Environment, How to Become One, Pay, and more with BLS employment projections for the 2010–20 decade