Glenville State College students and alumni are welcome to search the Off-Campus Employment database for current openings. The opportunities listed in this database are submitted by area employers and Pioneer alumni and friends, and they are primarily located within central West Virginia. Be sure to follow the instructions for applying thoroughly. Contact Career Services for assistance in preparing your résumé, cover letter, and any other supporting documents. Always submit a cover letter or a letter of interest with your résumé, even if the job announcement does not specify that one should be submitted.
Current students also have the opportunity to learn more about On-Campus Student Employment.
- USAJOBS is the U.S. Government’s official system/program for Federal jobs and employment information.
- In 2007, Congress created the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program to encourage individuals to enter and continue to work full-time in public service jobs. Under this program, borrowers may qualify for forgiveness of the remaining balance due on their eligible federal student loans after they have made 120 payments on those loans under certain repayment plans while employed full time by certain public service employers.
- Snag a Job is one of the top job boards for hourly jobs. They have thousands of full-time and part-time jobs ranging from customer service to healthcare and add new jobs every day.
- National Board Certification for Teachers is a voluntary process developed by teachers, school counselors, and other education stakeholders to recognize experienced educators for the quality of their practice. National Board Certification signifies that a teacher or school counselor is accomplished, having met challenging professional standards as evidenced by performance-based assessments.
- WorkForceWV posts information on regional job fairs and employment opportunities.