An Effective Résumé
- Highlights relevant qualifications and accomplishments
- Serves as a reflection of your best qualities and strengths
- Relates directly to the position for which you are applying
- Should be well-organized, factual, clear, eye-catching, easy to read, and truthful
- Focuses the conversation on content you want to discuss
- Helps the employer paint a picture of your potential as an employee
The staff in Career Services is ready to assist you in producing a professional, ready-to-mail résumé. Please fill out the résumé worksheet and follow the directions and style guidelines in preparing your draft résumé to bring to your appointment. Staff will help you edit – not write – your résumé. They can also offer suggestions for improvements as you apply to different graduate schools, internships, scholarship opportunities, study abroad and service learning programs, and jobs.