FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 8, 2015
For More Information:
Glenville State College
Public Relations Department
GLENVILLE, WV – The Glenville State College Business Department recently announced its list of Distinguished Business Students for 2015. Recognition of these top twenty-five business students is based on multiple criteria including academic achievement, class rank, campus involvement, and leadership in department classes and programs. Additionally, some students are recognized for specific departmental awards.
Distinguished Business Students included: Samantha Brookover from Auburn, West Virginia; Kathy Childers from Spencer, West Virginia; Robert Cline from Gassaway, West Virginia; Hunter Given from Cowen, West Virginia; Morgan Lambert from Oceana, West Virginia; Madison Martin from Canvas, West Virginia; Kristen Meadows from Gassaway, West Virginia; Kalleone Moret from Roanoke, Virginia; Meghan Ruddlesden from Parkersburg, West Virginia; William Sarine from Harrisville, West Virginia; Valeri Sprouse from Glenville, West Virginia; and Tyler Wiseman from Baltimore, Maryland.
Specific award winners included:
- The Ernest H. Smith Award and Outstanding Accounting Student Award to Ashley Woodford of Cox’s Mills, West Virginia
- Freshman with the Highest Major Fields Test Score Award to Randy Stiers of Gassaway, West Virginia
- Senior with the Highest Major Fields Test Score Award to Erica Whitney of Strange Creek, West Virginia
- Best Business 193 Service Learning Team Award to the team comprised of Lucas DeMarino of Glenville, West Virginia, Alfonso Medina of Venice, California, and Stefano Pecci of Dana Point, California
- Outstanding Two-year Student Award to Graydon Jedamski of Broadway, Virginia
- Outstanding Business Education Student Award to Julie Greenlee of Duck, West Virginia
- Outstanding Computer Science Student Award to Jason Rosenburg of Troy, West Virginia
- Outstanding Management Student Award to Gregory Steele of Sand Fork, West Virginia
- Outstanding Marketing Student Award to Kaitlin Carpenter of Grantsville, West Virginia
- Outstanding Sport Management Student Award to Nathan Kincaid of Summersville, West Virginia
- Outstanding Intern Award to Alexander Joseph of Fairmont, West Virginia
For more information on the event or the GSC Business Department, call (304) 462-4123.