Glenville State College is an undergraduate institution offering two-year and four-year degree programs. The College was founded in 1872 in the city of Glenville, which is located in central West Virginia just west of Interstate 79. Over the years Glenville State has experienced sustained growth in enrollment and degree programs.
Fall 2013 Facts and Figures
- 1850 students, 1114 full-time and 736 part-time students
- 47% of full-time students reside on campus
- 44% of full-time students are female and 56 % are male
- 69 full-time faculty and 36 part-time faculty teach on the main campus
- 16:1 student to faculty ratio
- All classes are taught by faculty members with at least a master’s degree and most classes are taught by faculty members with a Ph.D. or an Ed.D.
- 16 students in the average introductory level class
- 10 students in the average advanced level class