Glenville State College
200 High Street
Glenville, WV 26351
304-462-7361 - Main Switchboard
(800) 924-2010 - Admissions
- Total: 1,898
- 41% female, 59% male
- 85% of students come from 55 West Virginia counties; 14% of students are from other states and 3 foreign countries
- Average age of student: 26
- 64% of students are under 25 years of age; 36% of students are over 25 years of age
- Student to faculty ratio: 16:1
- Average class size: 18.7
- All classes, including labs, are taught by fully qualified faculty
- 66 full-time faculty and 81 part-time faculty
- More than 30 degree programs
- Minors available in many major fields
- 93% of full-time students applied for need-based financial aid; 90% of them were awarded financial aid
- 75% of students awarded financial aid received need-based scholarship grant aid; 47% of students awarded financial aid received non-need-based scholarships or grants
- The average financial aid package for those students who were awarded any financial aid was $12,445
- 73% of students awarded need-based aid were awarded amounts to fully met the students need
Academic Support Center
Academic advising and services to students with disabilities.
- Member of NCAA Division II and West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WVIAC)
- Six men's sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Track and Field
- Six women's sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball
The Division of Student Affairs assists students with many diverse services including planning recreational and entertainment activities, intramural sports programs, residence hall housing, food services, access to counseling services, and on-campus health nurse services and physician referrals.
Internet access is available to GSC students from computers in the library or computer labs and students in residence halls can contact the Office of Technology to set up their own personal account. All students will be provided a personal e-mail account through the Division of Student Affairs.
Students have many opportunities to participate in music groups and theater productions. Musical performance groups are open by audition and include the Bluegrass Band, Marching Band, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Chamber Singers, Jazz Band, and Percussion Ensemble.
Campus is located near the geographical center of West Virginia, in Glenville.
Known affectionately as the Lighthouse on the Hill, Glenville State College has 28 buildings on 30 acres at the main campus and 325 acres in a wide variety of wooded properties.
Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400 Chicago, IL 60602-2504 ~ (312) 263-0456
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
2010 Massachusetts Ave NW, Suite 500 Washington, DC 20036-1023 ~ (202) 466-7496