|You must also give mental and physical fitness priority.|
|- Jim Otto, former Oakland Raiders Football Player|
Get fit at the GSC Fitness Center!
Join your friends in building and maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle at the Fitness Center located in the Mollohan Campus Community Center on the Ground Floor. The Fitness Center provides a contemporary and upbeat atmosphere, which gives the campus community the opportunity to enhance their overall well-being.
The facility is equipped with a vast array of cardiovascular and strength training equipment. The cardio area is composed of Life Fitness treadmills, cross-trainers, stair climbers and lifecycles. The strength training area is composed of Life Fitness and Nautilus selectorized equipment and a multitude of free weight equipment. A variety of group exercise classes are offered, and a pool is also available.
GSC Fitness Center membership is open to faculty, staff, students and the community. Fees are as follows and can be paid at the cashier's window or in the fitness center:
- College Students: free
- High School Students: $20 per month
- Faculty/Staff: $40 per semester
- Faculty/Staff Family: $60 per semester
- Community: $30 per month
- Community Family: $40 per month
- Daily rate (single day access to all facilities): $5
Monday through Thursday - 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Friday - 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday - 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Sunday - 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The fitness center will be closed for Thanksgiving and winter on the following days:
11-21-2016 through 11-27-2016
12-09-2016 through 01-08-2017
ClassesAll yoga classes are located in the Lilly Gymnasium and are free with membership (included in daily rate).
4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.: Gentle Yoga (Annaliza Marks)
6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.: Karate (Mickey Metz) **fee for non-students
4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.: Gentle Yoga (Annaliza Marks/Sara Rollins)
6:00 p.m to 7:00 p.m.: Yoga for Athletes (Annaliza Marks)
Fitness Center Orientation
A Fitness Center Orientation provides an opportunity to gain a better understanding of the Fitness Center equipment. A Fitness Center Staff Member will provide a brief tour of the facility and demonstrate how to properly use each machine.
Orientations are free to students and members.
To schedule an appointment, please refer to the contact information at the bottom of the page.
- All members and visitors must check in at the front desk.
- All members and visitors must fill out a membership form and a health questionnaire.
- Proper workout attire must be worn in the center.
- Please wipe feet before entering center.
- Disturbances and excessive noise will not be tolerated.
- Music selections must not contain profanity or offensive lyrics.
- Leave all bags and unused belongings in a cubby hole or locker.
- Users are responsible for cleaning up their own weights and equipment after use.
- Tobacco related products are prohibited.
For your safety while participating in resistance training or cardiovascular activities, please observe the following guidelines.
- Do all exercises in a controlled manner.
- Use spotters when doing exercises that involves the use of free weights.
- Others involving heavy weights
- Wear appropriate exercise clothing while participating in fitness center activities.
- Report broken or damaged equipment.
- Report injuries to the fitness center staff.
- Wipe down all equipment after use.
Alan B. Mollohan Campus Community Center