|You must also give mental and physical fitness priority.|
|- Jim Otto, former Oakland Raiders Football Player|
Get fit at the GSC Fitness Center!
Join your friends in building and maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle at the Fitness Center located in the Mollohan Campus Community Center on the Ground Floor. The Fitness Center provides a contemporary and upbeat atmosphere, which gives the campus community the opportunity to enhance their overall well-being.
The facility is equipped with a vast array of cardiovascular and strength training equipment. The cardio area is composed of Life Fitness treadmills, cross-trainers, stair climbers and lifecycles. The strength training area is composed of Life Fitness and Nautilus selectorized equipment and a multitude of free weight equipment. A variety of group exercise classes are offered, and a pool is also available.
GSC Fitness Center membership is open to faculty, staff, students and the community. Fees are as follows and can be paid at the cashier's window or in the fitness center:
- College Students: free
- High School Students: $20 per month
- Faculty/Staff: $40 per semester
- Faculty/Staff Family: $60 per semester
- Community: $30 per month
- Community Family: $40 per month
Summer Memberships are $40 for faculty, staff, and community members.
Monday - 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday - 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday - Closed
Thursday - 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Friday - 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday - 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Sunday - Closed
Closed May 25th for Memorial Day and July 3rd for Independence Day
4:15 - 5:15 p.m. - Yoga Fundamentals
This class breaks down the fundamentals of the yoga asanas (postures), the basics of pranayama (breath work) and meditation. Clear instruction and individual assistance is provided so that you may build a solid foundation for a strong practice. Yoga Fundamentals also includes instruction using Yoga tools such as blocks, blankets, straps, bolsters and sandbags. This is a perfect class for beginners, individuals healing from an injury or for those seeking a more calming practice.
4:15-5:15pm - Gentle Yoga Flow
An all levels class where students explore basic yoga postures, breathing techniques and meditation learned from Yoga fundamentals in a stress-free, non-competitive, and supportive environment. Classes flow at a relaxed pace. Movements are slow but deliberate, and stretching is emphasized. Each student is accommodated where they are. Stability and balance are facilitated through the use of support props and individual student attention. No prior experience is necessary.
4:15-5:15pm - Power Yoga
This high energy flow class offers fiery, breath-synchronized movements that focus on strengthening core, legs, and upper body to help improve balance, flexibility, and endurance in the body and mind. A fundamental understanding of sun salutations, postures, and breath technique is recommended. This is not a beginners class....come prepared to sweat!
Fitness Center Orientation
A Fitness Center Orientation provides an opportunity to gain a better understanding of the Fitness Center equipment. A Fitness Center Staff Member will provide a brief tour of the facility and demonstrate how to properly use each machine.
Orientations are free to students and members.
To schedule an appointment, please refer to the contact information at the bottom of the page.
- All members and visitors must check in at the front desk.
- All members and visitors must fill out a membership form and a health questionnaire.
- Proper workout attire must be worn in the center.
- Please wipe feet before entering center.
- Disturbances and excessive noise will not be tolerated.
- Music selections must not contain profanity or offensive lyrics.
- Leave all bags and unused belongings in a cubby hole or locker.
- Users are responsible for cleaning up their own weights and equipment after use.
- Tobacco related products are prohibited.
For your safety while participating in resistance training or cardiovascular activities, please observe the following guidelines.
- Do all exercises in a controlled manner.
- Use spotters when doing exercises that involves the use of free weights.
- Others involving heavy weights
- Wear appropriate exercise clothing while participating in fitness center activities.
- Report broken or damaged equipment.
- Report injuries to the fitness center staff.
- Wipe down all equipment after use.
David "Dave" Bernier
Alan B. Mollohan Campus Community Center
PT Director of Campus Fitness Center
Alan B. Mollohan Campus Community Center