Doctor of Musical Arts in Music Education; Shenandoah University, Winchester, VA; 2007Master of Arts in Music Education; Indiana University of Pennsylvania; 1994Bachelor of Science in Music Education, ; Indiana University of Pennsylvania; 1981
Dr. Lewis joined the Glenville State faculty in 2008 from Juniata College. He also taught high school music in Pennsylvania for 24 years. He teaches music education courses including Music Theory, Music History, Class Piano, and Instrumental Methods.
- Article in Winter 2011 issue of WVMEA publication Notes A Tempo: The Importance of Well-written Comprehensive Curriculum in Instrumental Music Education
- Article in Winter 2012 issue of WVMEA publication Notes A Tempo: Meeting the Standards in Band Rehearsal: Teaching Improvisation
- Article in Winter 2013 online edition of Notes A Tempo: The Wind Band and its Repertoire: A Concise Historical Overview
- A Model Musicianship Curriculum for Middle-level and Small High School Bands, 2013, Perry-Milford Publishing.
- The Hills of Armagh, GSC Concert Band, Spring 2013
- Romance for Woodwinds and Piano, GSC Woodwind Ensemble, Spring 2014