The GSC Campus Health Center is located in Room 140 of the Mollohan Campus Community Center (adjacent to the campus Post Office). The Health Center promotes the health and well-being of students through easily accessible health services in order to enhance their educational and professional experience.
Services provided by the Campus Health Center include, but are not limited to:
- Family planning
- Birth control, emergency contraception, condoms
- STD testing and treatment
- Well woman visits including cervical cancer screenings for age appropriate women
- Pregnancy testing
- Problem visits
- Sick – cough, runny nose, fever, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, urinary tract infections, etc.
- Injury – back pain, sprained ankle, etc.
- Referrals – cardiology, neurology, psychology, etc.
- Mental health – managing depression, anxiety, etc. with medications and working closely with GSC's counselor Tim Underwood
- Sports physicals
- Routine yearly check-up
Monday - Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Thursday: 12:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Visits may be arranged by appointment; walk-ins are also welcome.
BRING YOUR STUDENT ID AND INSURANCE INFORMATION WITH YOU TO THE VISIT
Please note: For free services, students must be seen on main campus at the Mollohan Campus Community Center Health Services Office. Insurance will be billed, however, no copay or deductible will be charged. If students are seen at Minnie Hamilton Health System office at the Waco Center, a copay or deductible does apply. That would also include laboratory or x-ray services at the Waco Center.
GSC faculty and staff may also be seen at the Health Center for their convenience, however, normal office visit copay and deductible does apply.
In the event of an emergency, students should be transported to one of the areas emergency departments. Students should be aware that all costs associated with a hospital emergency visit will be their responsibility.
Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital
Minnie Hamilton Health Care Center
Braxton County Memorial Hospital
Campus Health Center
140 Mollohan Campus Community Center