Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction
The online Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction program is designed for teachers and educators who have already earned a bachelor’s degree and have a teaching license or certificate of instruction in any content area for Pre-K through grade 12. It is intended for educators seeking opportunities to advance their knowledge, skills, and dispositions in instruction, curriculum design, and evaluation.
The Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction (MACI) program objectives are as follows:
- Apply advanced educational theory to practice.
- Acquire advanced knowledge and skills in curriculum planning and implementation.
- Be able to recognize, advocate and apply the principles of critical pedagogy and social justice.
- Be able to utilize assessment and research strategies/methods for the benefit of the school district.
- Enhance the application of and encourage the development of new strategies of pedagogy that support needs of a diverse student population.
Admission Requirements Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction
- Meet Glenville State University graduate admission requirements
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.80 in all undergraduate coursework
- Submit a copy of your current valid teaching license
- Submit 500-word essay describing your personal and professional background, including teacher preparation, teaching field and experiences, and your current and long-range professional goals
- Completion of coursework with a 3.00 GPA
- Program completion within seven calendar years
- Demonstrate employment as an educator in an educational setting during fall and spring enrollment
|Course Num and Title||30 Hours|
|EDCI 510||Principles of Curriculum Development||3|
|EDCI 520||Designing Curriculum and Instruction||3|
|EDCI 610||Advanced Assessment||3|
|EDCI 640||Formative Instructional Practices||3|
|EDCI 630||Critical Pedagogy||3|
|EDSP 555||Advanced Differentiated Instruction||3|
|EDUC 540||Technology and Learning||3|
|EDUC 550||Advanced Children and Adolescent Studies||3|
|EDUC 600||Research Methods||3|
|EDUC 620||Master’s Research Project||3|