Get Fit at GSU!
Build and maintain a healthy and active lifestyle at one or all of GSU's workout facilities. Our main facility, the Mollohan Fitness Center, is located in the Mollohan Campus Community Center on the ground floor. The Fitness Center was updated with all new equipment in 2018. It has a contemporary and upbeat atmosphere, which gives the campus community a welcome environment to enhance their overall wellbeing.
The cardio area is composed of Precor treadmills, cross-trainers, stair climbers and lifecycles. The strength training area is composed of Precor selectorized equipment and includes a training wall. A variety of group exercise classes are offered in the Group Fitness Studio.
Closed on GSU holidays and major federal/state holidays.
- Mollohan Fitness Center
Mollohan Fitness Center
Alan B. Mollohan Campus Community Center lower level
- New free weights in 2021
- Precor cardio and fitness equipment
- Queenax Functional Fitness Frame - "The Wall"
- New Smart TV Group Fitness Studio - pull up your own workout!
- Equipment includes: boxing gloves, kettlebells, core-strengthening balls, TRX bands, and dumbbells
Day Time Monday - Friday: 7 AM - 8 PM Saturday: 11 AM - 2 PM Sunday: Closed
Class Time Yoga Monday, 4:15 - 5:15 PM
- GSU Pool
Note: Pool hours are based on lifeguard availability and class schedule. If you have a function or swim need outside of the normal hours, please use the contact information below.
Cost: Entrance to the pool is free for those with a GSU ID or Fitness Center Membership. Community cost for swimming or Aquatic Fitness classes is $3 per person. Children 3 & under are free.
- 35 laps (70 lengths) = 1 mile
- 25-yard heated tile pool
- 10’ deep end and four lap lanes
- Access Pool through Locker Rooms on main level
- Available for Pool Parties and rental
Open Swim Hours
Day Time Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 11 AM - 1 PM & 4 PM - 7 PM Tuesday, Thursday 4 PM - 7 PM Sunday: 12 PM - 3 PM
Class Date/Time Aqua Rock Wednesday, 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM Water Stretch Monday 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
The GSU Pool is not closed, unless indicated, for fitness classes, lessons, or pool parties and is open for others to use during these times
- Lilly Gymnasium
The Lilly Gym is located in the Health and P.E. building on GSU's main campus above the pool. This gymnasium is the former house of GSU Pioneer basketball and volleyball.
Gymnasium dedicated to Jesse R. Lilly, Jr., former Athletic Director, Coach, and Teacher.
- Intramural Basketball Teams forming now! Sign up to play: Bill.Lilly@glenville.edu
- 18 laps = 1 mile
- Pool table in student lounge
- Shuffleboard courts
- Equipment available to check out from Staff Attendant
Day Time No Programs Scheduled
- Please sign in with Staff Attendant on duty
- Only use during open hours
- Climbing Wall
Health & Physical Education Building, Across from Lilly Gym
GSU Fitness Memberships are open to faculty, staff, students and the community. GSU students use their ID for free access. All others may obtain a Key Tag for entry or pay a $3 Day Rate.
Membership Key Tags are purchased at the Mollohan Fitness Center; the $3 Day Rate is paid at the facility you are visiting.
Information about COVID-19 procedures can be found under each facility's tab above.
Membership Category Eligible for Membership Price GSU Individual Students, Faculty, Staff, Aramark Free GSU Family or Corporate Group (5 minimum) Students, Faculty, Staff, Graduates, Retirees, Aramark + Immediate Family $60/six months Community/Corrections Individual $20/month Community Family Individual + Immediate Family $30/month Day Rate Access to all Fitness Centers - including Group Fitness Classes $3
- All members and visitors must check in with the attendant on duty.
- All members and visitors must fill out a Membership form.
- Proper workout attire must be worn.
- Please wipe feet before entering.
- Disturbances and excessive noise will not be tolerated.
- Music selections must not contain profanity or offensive lyrics.
- Leave all bags and unused belongings in a cubby hole or locker.
- Users are responsible for cleaning weights and equipment after use.
- Do not drop weights.
- Tobacco related products are prohibited.
Director, Aquatics and Recreation
Fitness Center, Alan B. Mollohan Campus Community Center