Get Fit at GSC!
Build and maintain a healthy and active lifestyle at one or all of GSC's workout facilities. Our main facility, the Mollohan Fitness Center, is located in the Mollohan Campus Community Center on the ground floor. The Fitness Center was updated with all new equpiment in 2018. It has a comtemporary and upbeat atmosphere, which gives the campus community a welcome environment to enhance their overall wellbeing.
The cardio area is composed of Precor treadmills, cross-trainers, stair climbers and lifecycles. The strength training area is composed of Precor selectorized equipment and includes a training wall. A variety of group exercise classes are offered in the Group Fitness Studio. See class descriptions below.
The Waco Center, located at GSC's Mineral Road campus, is equiped with a large variety of free weights, purchased in 2017. The Center is open to students, faculty, staff and members who desire a muscle-building workout. Spotters are recommended, a Gym Attendant is available for sign in and orientation.
The Lilly Gym is located in the Health and P.E. building on GSC's main campus above the pool. This gymnasium is the former house of GSC Pioneer basketball and volleyball.
Closed on GSC holidays and major federal/state holidays.
Mollohan Fitness Center
Alan B. Mollohan Campus Community Center lower level
- Precor cardio and fitness equipment upgraded in 2018
- Queenax Functional Fitness Frame - "The Wall"
- Attendant available for Orientation
- New Smart TV Group Fitness Studio - pull up your own workout!
- Equipment includes boxing gloves, kettlebells, core-strengthening balls, and dumbbells
Monday - Friday - 12pm - 6pm
Saturday - 11am - 2pm
Sunday - Closed
Outdoor Yoga - Wednesday, 6:15pm - 7:15pm
- Outdoor Yoga takes place on the Clark Hall Lawn. Bring your own mat or blanket!
Stability Ball Virtual Workout - Thursday, 4:15pm - 4:45pm
For information on the GSC Pool schedule and activities, please visit the GSC Pool Page.
The Waco Center weightlifting facilities are currently closed.
Lilly Gymnasium Hours
Lilly Gymnasium and Mat Room is currently closed.
Fitness Center or Waco Orientation
An orientation provides opportunity to gain a better understanding of the equipment. A staff member is available to provide a brief tour of the facility and demonstrate how to properly use each machine.
Orientations are free to students, faculty, staff and members.
To schedule an appointment, please refer to the contact information at the bottom of the page.
- All members and visitors must check in with the attendant on duty.
- All members and visitors must fill out a Membership form and a health questionnaire.
- Proper workout attire must be worn.
- Please wipe feet before entering.
- Disturbances and excessive noise will not be tolerated.
- Music selections must not contain profanity or offensive lyrics.
- Leave all bags and unused belongings in a cubby hole or locker.
- Users are responsible for cleaning weights and equipment after use.
- Do not drop weights.
- Tobacco related products are prohibited.
For your safety while participating in resistance training or cardiovascular activities, please observe the following guidelines.
- Do exercises in a controlled manner.
- Use spotters when doing exercises that involves the use of free weights.
- Others involving heavy weights
- Wear appropriate exercise clothing.
- Report broken or damaged equipment.
- Report injuries to GSC staff.
- You must be a minimum of 16 years old to use the free weights.
- Staff approval is required for 14-15 year olds to lift free weights.
GSC Fitness Memberships are open to faculty, staff, students and the community. GSC students use their ID for free access. All others may obtain a Key Tag for entry or pay a $3 Day Rate.
Membership Key Tags are purchased at the Mollohan Fitness Center; the $3 Day Rate is paid at the facility you are visiting.
Information about COVID-19 procedures can be found under the Mollohan Fitness Center heading above or on the GSC Pool page.
|GSC Individual||Students, Faculty, Staff, Aramark||Free|
|GSC Family or Corporate Group (5 minimum)||Students, Faculty, Staff, Graduates, Retirees, Aramark + Immediate Family||$60/six months|
|Community Family||Individual + Immediate Family||$30/month|
|Day Rate||Access to all Fitness Centers - including Group Fitness Classes||$3|
Director, Aquatics and Recreation
Fitness Center, Alan B. Mollohan Campus Community Center