Ph. D. - Louisiana State University
B.A. - Glenville State College
Dr. Evans returned to his alma mater in 2001 after teaching experiences at Davidson College, Grinnell College, and Ohio Northern University. His primary teaching responsibilities include general and organic chemistry. He also teaches a forensic chemistry course designed for non-science majors. He is active in coordinating STEM workshops for K-12 teachers and high school students and in coordinating undergraduate STEM research. Dr. Evans’ current research is on developing a novel synthesis for anti-Markovnikov hydrobromination of alkenes.
- Evans, J., McCauley, D., Evans, K., German, B. “Implementation of K-5 Agricultural Research Experiences by an Elementary School in Collaboration with a Teacher Education Program” 2015 National Agriculture in the Classroom Conference 2015.
- Pifer, S.*, Evans, K. L. “Anti-Markovnikov hydrobromination of Alkenes” 90 Mtg WVAS 2015
- LeMaster, T.*, Evans, K. L. “Effect of UV Radiation on anti-Markovnikov hydrobromination of Alkenes” 90th Mtg WVAS 2015 (poster)
- Pifer, S.*, Lilly, N.*, Tomblin, D.*, Evans, K. L. “Novel Synthesis of Alkyl Bromides” 89th Mtg WVAS, 2014 (poster)
- Evans, K. L., Myer, J.*, DeWees, R.* “Creating a Custom SparkLab Activity – Workshop 1 or 2”, Ann. Conf. WVSTA, 2011,
- Evans, K. L., Myer, J.*, DeWees, R.* “Creating a Custom SparkLab Activity – Workshop 2 or 2”, Ann. Conf. WVSTA, 2011
- Oosthuizen,* J.; Evans K. L. “Synthesis of Triacid and Triamide Amphiphiles”, 85th Mtg WVAS, 2010
- Evans, K. L; Ensign, T. “Probing Science with the Pasco Xplorer GLX and Spark” 25th Ann. Conf. WVSTA, 2009
- Poling,* J.; Evans, K. L. “Synthesis of Vinyl and Alkyl Bromides” 5th Annual Undergraduate Day at the Capitol, 2008 (poster)
- Lilly*, J.; Evans, K. L. “Synthesis of Alkenyl Bromides and Alkyl Dibromides” 83rd Mtg WVAS, 2008 (poster)
- Brown,* J.; Evans, K. L. “Science as Service” 235th Natl. ACS Mtg., 2008 (poster)
- Drake,* B.; Ramezan, S.; Evans, K. L. “Synthesis of Alkenyl Bromides and Alkyl Dibromides” 233rd Natl. ACS Mtg., 2007 (poster)
- Woods,* M.; Drake,* B.; Connolly,* J.; Gregory,* B.; Evans, K. L. “Positive Impacts of a Student and Community Centered Organization” 233rd National American Chemical Society Meeting, 2007
* denotes undergraduate research students.