Ed. U -Marshall UniversityM.A. -Marshall University B.A -Glenville State College
Dr. Ratliff joined the Glenville State faculty in 2008 from Calhoun County Schools where she was employed as a Reading Specialist. She teaches elementary reading and early childhood education courses, as well as supervises interns. Dr. Ratliff’s research has included early literacy and assessment.
- A Study of Kindergarten Teachers’ Ability to Teach the Kindergarten Informational Text Common Core State Standards in Fifteen West Virginia School Districts, December 2014
- Ratliff, S. and O’Dell, C. 2015. Showcasing evidence of student learning: Documentation supporting positive student impact collected by preservice teachers in preschool and kindergarten classrooms. National Association for the Education of Young Children Conference, November, Orlando, FL.
- Ratliff, S. and O’Dell, C. 2015. Enhancing young children’s curiosity through exploration & discovery activities. Celebrating Connections, February, Charleston, WV.
- Ratliff, S. and O’Dell, C. 2013. From storybooks to activities to computer apps: Making meaningful connections for preK and K. Huntington Early Education Conference, May, Huntington, WV.
- Ratliff, S. and Stange, T. 2011. Reading in the content areas. International Reading Association Conference, May, Orlando, FL.