Transfer Students

How to Apply as a Transfer Student

  • Submit an application for admission
  • Submit an official transcript from ALL previous colleges attended
  • $20 application fee
  • Must be eligible to return to the institution from which they intend to transfer from

Students with less than 24 credit hours earned of college work must also:

  • Submit a high school transcript
  • Submit ACT/SAT scores

If the student does not have the following criteria: (1) 2.0 average on their high school work and (2) ACT composite of 18 or above, or (3) a combined verbal/math SAT score of at least 870, they may be admitted to an associate degree program. The student then must remediate all deficiencies before transferring into a bachelor’s degree program.

All previously completed college work listed on the student’s transcript will be recorded on the student’s record at Glenville State University. 

See how your courses transfer to Glenville.

Degree Works Transfer Equivalency Self-Service


Degree Works Transfer Equivalency Self-Service is a resource provided for students who are considering transferring to Glenville State University. This service provides prospective students the ability to see how their transfer classes would articulate and apply to a specific degree at Glenville.

You can begin to use Degree Works Transfer Equivalency Self-Service without signing in. NOTE: If you elect to not sign in and use the service as a guest, you will be unable to save your information. If you change your mind and want to save you work, click “Save” at any time during the session and you will be prompted to create an account so your session can be saved. The benefit of creating an account is you will have the ability to sign back in and add classes to your audit, changes classes or choose another degree path.