First Day® Complete - Opting Out
You've got a question about something. We've got the answer.
- Can I opt-out of the program?
While it is NOT recommended, students have the option to opt-out of this program. Opting out means you will not receive access to your required digital and physical course materials in a convenient package at a discounted rate.
- How do I opt-out of the program?
You will need to call 304-462-6266, or visit the Cashier’s Office on the 2nd floor of the Louis Bennett Hall building for assistance.
- How do I purchase my course textbooks if I decide to opt-out of the program?
Students will be responsible for purchasing their required course materials through the Pioneer Campus Store.
You can have your books delivered or reserve them to be picked up at the Pioneer Campus Store, located on the first floor of Louis Bennett Hall.
- Can I opt-out if I picked up my textbooks?
Yes, you will have 48 hours to return your textbooks. If you do not return the textbooks, you will still be charged the book rental fee.
- When can I opt-out of the program?
The opt-out deadlines for the 2023-2024 academic year are as follows:
- Summer 2023: Friday, May 26, 2023
- Fall 2023: Friday, August 18, 2023
- Spring 2024: Friday, January 12, 2023
- Can I opt back into the program after having opted-out?
Yes, you can opt back into the program after you have previously opted out. You will need to go to the Cashier's Office and request to opt back into the program. You will be able to pick up your textbooks up the next business day.
If you have already purchased books from the Pioneer Campus Store, and then wish to opt back in, you will need to go to the Pioneer Campus Store to pick up any additional books or to get a refund on any books you have already purchased.