Faculty Development Committee
- To promote professional development, including effective teaching, research and scholarship, and service, of the faculty of Glenville State College.
- To provide recommendations to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs concerning, but not limited to:
- Development funds
- Sabbatical applications
- Other (see list below)
- To provide recommendations and assistance to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs and the Vice President of College Advancement for Faculty Development Workshops, Seminars, and other events.
The members of this committee shall be one elected member from each Department, one appointed by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. Members will serve for a term of two academic years and may be reappointed. The Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs shall be the administrative liaison to the committee.
External Funding Requests
If you are interested in receiving faculty development funds, you must fill out an application (see link below) providing information on your professional event. Once the form is completed, email it to academic affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org). The role of this committee will then be to aid the Provost and the Vice President of Academic Affairs in their decision of approving development funds.
Examples of faculty development:
- Sabbatical or academic leaves to complete a doctorate
- Expand existing knowledge
- Learn a new field needed in the curriculum
- Workshops for improving faculty teaching skills
- Workshops and internships to enhance faculty roles in academic leadership
- Seed money grants
- Projects to improve student advising or assessment of student learning
- Summer grants and mini‐ sabbaticals
- Attendance at academic conferences and meetings
- Programs to better orient faculty members and improve their skills.
Internal Training Opportunities
This committee is also tasked with providing in-house training opportunities for faculty. The purpose of these events are to facilitate knowledge to faculty by faculty. These events will be held monthly.
If you want to present at one of these events or have any ideas for presentations, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/8SKWTUPA1ASN9chQ7