The Pioneer Showcase is an annual forum in which participants present on their research, experiential learning, and creative projects in all disciplines in a formal setting. The forum is open to all students enrolled at Glenville State University.
To be considered for inclusion in the Showcase, students must register and submit an application to present before the posted deadline posted below.
When is this year's Pioneer Showcase, and how and when does one apply to present?
12th Annual Pioneer Showcase: Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Deadline for Applications: April 3, 2023, no later than 5 p.m.
To submit an application to present at the Pioneer Showcase, click HERE. Accepted applicants will be notified via email on or before April 5, 2023. Those accepted will present in the Mollohan Campus Community Center Ballroom on Tuesday, April 11, 2023.
What goes in an application to present at the Pioneer Showcase?
All applications must include a project description of no more than 300 words. The project description is a brief description of the work to be presented. The nature of the project description will vary with the type of work that is presented. In writing the project description, you are encouraged to consult with a professor familiar with the material you propose to present. In general, a project description will give information to put the presentation into context.
- Project descriptions for research presentations will give some background information, state the research question or hypothesis that is being tested, and summarize results and conclusion.
- Project descriptions for methods-based presentations will describe the nature of the project and the solution.
- Project descriptions for experiential learning presentations will describe the nature and outcomes of the learning experience.
- Project descriptions for creative presentations will describe the work, the impetus behind the work, techniques used in producing the work, and other relevant information.
In addition to the project description, you will be asked for the following information:
- Your name
- Your email
- Your department
- Your major
- The name of the professor with whom you are consulting
- The type of presentation (oral presentation, digital poster presentation, demonstration, performance, etc.)
- The nature of the presentation (research, methods-based, experiential learning, creative)
- The title of the presentation
- The authors of the presentation (if you are submitting an application as a member of a team of co-authors)
- If you need any special technology.
- NOTE: A computer and projector will be available for all oral presentations. For poster presentations, electronic displays will be used. Presenters are responsible for bringing a laptop that can connect via HDMI. Poster presenters are encouraged to download the Research Poster Template under Resources below.
For a more comprehensive overview of how the Showcase works, please refer to the following: